Preventing Vaping Dehydration: Common Symptoms and Tips
If you use electronic cigarettes, chances are you’re probably familiar with vaping dehydration. Fortunately, you can prevent it if you remain hydrated while vaping. However, if you don’t stay hydrated, you can eventually develop some health problems. If you vape, here are a few of the common dehydration symptoms, dehydration solutions and some helpful tips.
What is an E-Cig?
An E-cig is an electronic cigarette device that’s battery operated, producing inhaled nicotine, using a vaporized solution. It uses a rechargeable battery powered by a coil or heating element.
When the E-Liquid contacts the coil, it’s vaporized. It’s called vaping because an e-cig produces vapor instead of smoke.
Symptoms of Dehydration
One of the most common signs of ecig dehydration is having yellow or dark yellow urine. If your urine looks yellow, it’s certain you’re suffering from dehydration. The darker your urine is, the more severe is your dehydration.
Dry mouth can be a symptom. A sign of a dry mouth is having a reduction in saliva when vaping. A dry mouth can result in other problems such as bad breath and tooth decay. Therefore, it helps to drink a glass of water while vaping to prevent this problem.
Another symptom is feeling tired. Usually, fatigue occurs later. If you feel tired, your body probably needs to be hydrated.
The Importance of Water Consumption
The best way to prevent dehydration is to increase your water consumption. When vaping, drink from two to four additional glasses of water daily. The more you vape, the more water you should drink.
Drink only water. Rather than water, some vapers substitute other liquids, such as tea, coffee or even beer. They mistakenly believe that water substitutes can relieve dry mouth when they’re actually ineffective. As a result, these liquid substitutes can cause nausea, headaches and muscle spasms.
- Charge the battery before using your electronic cigarette. You can permanently damage your battery if it isn’t properly charged. To charge the battery, simply plug the charger cable and e-cigarette charger into a wall outlet. You can also use a computer USB port.
- The battery should be almost totally drained before recharging it to ensure it lasts longer
- Clean the battery at least once each day. Use a paper towel to soak up e-liquids. Never use soaps as this can affect your vaping pleasure.
Vaping Tips and Warnings
- Practice French inhaling—This involves filling your mouth with vapor and then allowing it to drift from your mouth and then be sucked in nasally.
- Don’t combine e-liquids as this can compromise the original flavor, ruining your vaping experience.
- Dehydration is particularly a threat to vapers using PG (Propylene Glycol) in their e-liquids. This is because Prophylene Glycol molecules stick to water molecules. As a result, the PG in an e-liquid draws water from your saliva, as well as surrounding tissues.
You don’t have to suffer from dehydration if you follow these guidelines. Please contact us for any questions regarding vaping and preventing dehydration.
- Tags: Healthy Living
- Ali Esmaili